lunedì 3 marzo 2014

"Tell No One": a lovely Italian gay movie.


Tell no one (Not a word)! Today I want to talk about this romantic gay themed Italian comedy (the Italian title is "Come non detto"): it tells about Mattia and his Spanish boyfriend Eduard. Mattia is about to move from Rome to Madrid, so he'll be able to live with his boyfriend without telling his parents that he's gay. The problem is that Eduard thinks that Mattia is completly out of the closet and that his parents support their relationship. So Eduard decides to surprise his boyfriend and, the day before Mattia had planned to leave Rome, comes to Italy to meet his parents. In this situation, Mattia will have to decide what to do: tell his parents that he's gay or tell his boyfriend that he's been a liar for a long time?
















Here's the movie trailer, with English subtitles:



I really love this movie for two main reasons.

First of all, it's one of the few Italian movies about same sex love and, most of all, without any kind of stereotype: Mattia and Eduard are two regular guys, who happened to be gay. That's all. Italian movies can be really stereotyped when it comes to gay characters.

The second reason is that this is the "movie of my life". A little more than one years ago I was essentially in same situation of the protagonist: I had a wonderful boyfriend, I was about to move to another city and, most of all, I hadn't come out to my parents yet. I have to say that "Come non detto" gave me the courage to come out to my family: seeing a movie as this one in an almost totally Catholic country like Italy made me think that it really "gets better".

I totally advise anyone to see this movie, you won't regret it!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento